Mar 26, 2017

Visa/Entry permit for film crew

1 comment

I'm planning on filming an online ads in Hong Kong in the coming month with a crew of 3 from the U.S.A and Austria. Just wonder will we need visa/entry permit to conduct our filming in Hong Kong?

Mar 26, 2017

In general, the citizen of U.S.A and Austria need not visa to enter Hong Kong and allow to stay for 90 days for activities like location scout and meetings. For a crew of 3 to film a simple online ads should not need a visa permit to conduct your filming.


However, it is advisable to check with the Immigration Department (ImmD) before coming to Hong Kong.


If it is required. To get a visa/entry permit, submit the completed application form and supporting documents (e.g. employment contract/letter of appointment) to the ImmD directly by post or through a local sponsor. A local sponsor, usually the employing company, will be required to vouch for the applicant. The normal processing time is four weeks upon receipt of all the required documents.

New Posts

© 2015 by Hillian Siu. Proudly created with

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Vimeo Social Icon